Girls in STEM mentorship program was created with today's girls in mind! Many women, past and present, have made a tremendous impact in their workforce, classrooms, labs, and beyond. We would like to keep it that way! With gSTEM, you will meet and interact with mentors, who look like you, weekly to dive a little further into the four STEM subject areas: science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Attend Vine Middle School
- Have plans to attend college
- Have no or very few disciplinary infractions
- Can read and write at their grade level
- Have availability to attend each mentoring session
- Exude integrity and kindness toward their peers.
- Encourage a stronger interest in STEM
- Are high-achieving professionals with years of experience
- Provide a better understanding of basic STEM concepts through hands-on experiments
- Promote individual and group-style learning
- Show by example that girls are essential in science.